For intelligent, sustainable traffic control it is not enough to optimize traffic-lights individually. It is more a matter of coordinating different traffic signal lights with each other, enabling control strategies such as synchronized traffic-lights for “green waves”, the systematic treatment of traffic disruptions or the best way to prevent congestion.
Based on the new possibilities of the node control ANDATA delivers control algorithms for traffic lines (line control objects), which combine and coordinate the traffic node control in the best possible way. Beside common control strategies such as “green waves” fostering a uniform traffic flow, additional new control strategies are available, which are especially dedicated to reducing and avoiding congestion, or for the consciously throttling and/or deviation of traffic flows.
As already in the case of traffic node control, the line control consists of a uniform interface for stipulating the control targets instead of the resulting control parameters. The selection of the appropriate control strategies with the relevant control targets can be determined directly or autonomously with the help of artificial intelligence.
Possible control targets may be, for example:
- minimum travel and lost times,
- flow rates, capacities or reserves,
- flow qualities (such as uniformity, number of stops, etc.),
- amount of outflowing traffic from the line (e.g. for throttling traffic flows),
- reduced emission rates,
Features and Advantages
- New kinds of control strategies for the specific reduction and avoidance of congestion based on the node control.
- Quick and simple determination of the control parameters with respect to the control targets for online control in real time for arbitrary traffic situations.
- Control of different strategies according to the respective traffic situations.
- Module for the autonomous identification and prediction of traffic situations, resulting in the integration of the traffic prediction into the control.
- Predictive control for intervention before congestion occurs.
- Generic solution of line control for a simple transfer to arbitrary further traffic lines.
- General and uniform interface for all traffic line controls by free selection and stipulation of the control targets instead of the direct control parameters and solutions.
- Integration of arbitrary traffic sensors (real and/or virtual sensors).
- Integration and control of arbitrary actions such as information systems, Car2X-communications, etc.). The line control is not limited to traffic-lights.
- Independent of hardware, the traffic line control object can be combined or integrated into any traffic control system.
- Simple calibration and extension following a uniform procedure.
- The basic calibration is already suitable for numerous lines and traffic situations.
- Radical acceleration in the ability to extend and adapt to local conditions and new traffic situations, as well as new control actions (in so far as this is even necessary on the basis of universal validity).
- Auto-adaptive and self-learning design possible.
- Compatible with future technologies such as Car2X-communication.
- Completely new possibilities are opened up for traffic planning, e.g. by direct and explicit stipulation of the control targets.